Thursday, August 23, 2018

Seeing things from God's perspective

"For now we see in a mirror, darkly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known." 2 Corinthians 13:12

Do you ever wish that you could pull back far enough from life's circumstances to view things as God views them? You know, the whole parade from the sky view, rather than just the band that is playing loudly right in front of you.

As I watch world events unfold, I find I am more prone to wanting to see things from His perspective  The close up view often appears to be chaotic and without purpose or plan. But then I step back and try to take in the broader view.

Our college group Bible study has been studying the book of  Revelations and it helps me keep the wide angle lens on the world's events. It makes me more eager to share the gospel with those around me, and causes me to keep my heart prepared.

A day of reckoning is coming.

Recent conversations with others who have studied Revelations only affirm that view.

One day, whether it be tonight, tomorrow, or a thousand years from now, we will all stand before our Creator and give account for our lives.  All the questions will be answered and there will be no more time to make amends, forgive someone we need to forgive, or embrace the truth of the sacrificial gift of Jesus Christ. Time as we know it will have come to an end and we will enter into the realm of eternity.  There we will either joyously be invited into the kingdom of God or be cast away to eternal separation and sorrow.

The questions arise: do you know where you'll be? Are you sure of your salvation? Don't be among those to whom Jesus will say "Depart from Me I never knew you."

God is patient and kind and desires that none will be lost. He sees the whole parade, every soul in it, and their hearts.

There's a storm brewing, and He knows exactly when it's time to for the parade to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment