Thursday, August 17, 2017

Pursuing peace

"Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into the grace in which we stand and rejoice in hope of the glory of God." Romans 5:1&2


Sitting here in the quiet of our canyon retreat, listening to soft music, I could easily disappear here permanently. The troublesome news concerning the current state of our nation being played out before our eyes is disheartening.  The enemy of our souls knows his time is limited, and he is pushing hard to distract and discourage all who are willing to listen. I must make a concentrated effort to look away from the distractions and close my ears to his discouraging lies. I  remind myself that he is a thief and a liar and his only purpose is to steal, kill and destroy. (see John 10:10a)
Although I find it is increasingly more difficult to avoid the negative noise, I am comforted in the truth that God is still in control and He has come so that we can have abundant life (John 10:10b). Experience has taught me I can choose what to give attention to and what to ignore  I have learned to seek after the things that are true, noble, just, pure, lovely, of good report, virtuous and praiseworthy. (Philippians 4:8) In doing so, my anxieties subside and peace reigns.
My encouragement to each of you is to do the same. Find that place where you can disconnect from the noise of the world and reconnect with the Word of God.  Let His peace wash over you as you stand in the waterfall of His grace that abounds for all who seek Him. Pursue peace. Pursue righteousness. Pursue joy.
Let the light of His truth flood your soul to overflowing so that others might be encouraged.
Stand firm.
Our redemption is on the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment