Thursday, February 29, 2024

Press on and keep your eyes on Jesus



"For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory. For we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal. " 2 Corinthians 4:17, 18 NKJV
"I would have lost heart unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD, be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart. Wait, I say on the LORD." Psalm 27:13,14 NKJV

Today is the first day in a long time that I have had a PC to use to write my blog.  My old computer finally said "enough" to my poor computer skills, and I had to say farewell to it.
Learning the ins and outs of this new PC has been challenging for this old lady, but I finally managed to get some of the things I desired up and running on it.

As I was struggling to overcome my own frustrations, I was continually reminded the importance of persevering in the face of adversity.  It's easy to give up when we feel as though there is no end in sight to the battle we are facing. That is why it is imperative to keep our eyes fixed on the Savior and not the difficulty.

 Whenever I run into a rough patch in life, I am reminded of the account of Peter walking on the water in the midst of the stormy seas. (Matthew 14:25-33) You see, I am very much like Peter in my desire to do what the Lord tells me to do and have great boldness as I start out. Like Peter, I have seen the Lord do amazing things in my life and the life of those I love. But then I get a bit distracted by the wind and the waves and the noise of the storm, and suddenly my focus shifts. And of course, when it does, I begin to sink, and the at times, wallow, in the adversity rather than returning my gaze to the Savior's face and to cry out to Him for help. But, just like Peter, when I do cry out, immediately Jesus reaches out and rescues me from my self-imposed difficulty.

Oh, what a blessed relief to know He will always save me. I am His beloved and He desires the very best for me, working all things together for my good and His glory.  (Romans 8:28)
And so, once again, I will adjust my position so I am better suited to see Him in all things and will press on. As long as I keep my eyes fixed on my Savior's face, I know I will have continual victory and peace of spirit.

May you find the same in your journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment