Friday, August 19, 2022

Things to remember

Learning new things in my old age hasn’t been easy, but that doesn’t mean I am unable to do so.
I spent the better part of the day working on my computer so I could use the Word program to continue my writing. It meant figuring out how to remove old unused programs and move photos to a thumb drive. I was successful in doing that (yay me) but needed my oldest granddaughter’s help to reset the computer to our new wi-fi network.
Technology has never been my strong suit as it requires using a different side of my brain. However, here I am now finally able to use my computer again after months of it being nearly inoperable. It had been sluggish and new programs wouldn’t load because of lack of space. My brain feels that way a lot sometimes. Too much information assaults me daily and I must choose the things I am going to save to my memory and the things I am going to delete.
There is immense value in remembering. After all, we need to remember our passwords and pin numbers. We want people to remember our name and things we have done that are pleasing or helpful to them. If we have done a job for an employer, we want them to remember to pay us and possibly even reward us with a bonus for a job well done. We want to remember where we parked our car when we come out of the grocery store, where we put our glasses or shoes, or the items we bought from the grocery store. We love it when people remember our birthday or during the holidays.
We don’t want to be forgotten.
And yet how quickly we are willing to forget. Or maybe our brains are simply overloaded like my poor computer and need a reset.
The news media and much of the world around us sends a negative message every day. We are bombarded from nearly every angle with things that can quickly make us feel overwhelmed. It is no wonder that people simply want to shut down or try to change things. The best way to overcome the negative is by removing what isn’t helpful and inserting something positive in its place, a reset.
Scripture tells us to have peace of spirit we are to meditate on what is true, noble, just, pure, lovely, of good report, of any virtue and anything praiseworthy. (Philippians 4:8)
For me, this has proven to be beneficial 100% of the time.
May God richly bless you today and always and may all your memory be filled with good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment